Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Silly Mommy, kids know it all!

This morning my little sprite of a Payton bounded into my room carrying the package of hot dogs Chad opened when he got home yesterday. She was beaming her beautiful little smile and breathing quite heavily(quite possibly because of all of the bounding). Silently, but with grand gestures she presented the hot dogs to me, and when I told her that "hot dogs are not for the morning baby girl." , she just threw her head back and laughed! If you have never heard Payton laugh, it is very much like being lost in the woods and hearing the bushes giggle and squeal, knowing there are forest sprites behind them, but never being able to see one for yourself!! (of course there are absolutely no such thing as forest sprites, but you can imagine it, can you not??) She then says to me, "Silly Mommy, hot dogs are for all the time, don't you know that?". I told her to go put them back and I would cut up an apple for her, and she was just as happy with that as a snack, but I could hear her mumbling to herself as she put the hot dogs back into the fridge, mostly things pertaining to how much I make her laugh, and how much I just don't know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment