Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Incredible Shrinking Bug!

I have to share this before I forget! Last week I was driving Sydney Rae to school and we were playing our usual and ongoing game of slugbug(minus the slugging, being girls and all). She spotted an old one, and asked,

"Mom, why are they so small like that? Do they shrink when they get old? Man, I would hate to be driving one when it does that!"

She was of course referring to the difference in size between the newer model Volkswagen Beetles, and the older smaller bugs. I said, "What?" in my usual articulate and elegant delivery, and she said,

"You know, like how old people get smaller?"

Now what beautiful logic is that?! I laughed and laughed, and explained to her why they were smaller and more beat up looking, and then she laughed at herself! Do I laugh at my children too much, you think? I like to refer to it as "building emotional calluses"! Maybe it is more like "therapy-prep"!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment