Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cafe de la Mommy!

About a week ago, I was having some trouble with the twins. Now, nothing major, like the two of them forming a gang and skulking along the streets of Quail Lakes at night with their other tiny hoodlum friends; rather mundane and unimaginative trouble. They have been scoffing at my insistence that they pick up their room every night before bed, and have even gone so far as to stage little mini picket lines along their train table with My Little Ponies and other small toys of questionable character! Can you imagine? Well, we sat down with them and had a talk about doing the things that are asked of them in a "timely manner", so that everyone (meaning mommy) can go to bed happy and start the day fresh. They seemed to absorb the idea, with Payton actually stroking her chin in contemplation of the whole thing. Wonderful, thoughtful children. :)
The next day around 10 or so, they asked for a snack. Brooklyn came into the kitchen and said they wanted cheese and crackers, and so I obliged and cut up cracker-sized cheddar to accompany said crackers onto a small platter. I handed the tray to Brookie, and she smiled pleasantly and said, "Thank you". Then the little Diva carried the tray into the dining room where Payton was waiting and said, "Here is the food we ordered Payton." ORDERED? To which Payton replied, " Nice and timely!"
Genius! using my own words against me in the proper context the very next day! I honestly don't know whether to be proud of their quick minds, or insulted by the insinuation!

No comments:

Post a Comment