Tuesday, April 14, 2009

After Hours Closet Grooming!

Chad and I were sitting in the living room last night after the girls went to bed. We were having a delightful conversation when we were interrupted by muffled giggles coming from somewhere in the back of the house. I got up to investigate, and found the twins room empty, but my bedroom door ajar and a faint glow coming from behind it. A mystery? Not with twins; with two preschoolers there is always mischief afoot. I can tell the light is coming from our closet, but both doors are closed, probably in a vain attempt to keep themselves and their shenanigans hidden from us. I open the door to the debacle of brushing and shaving CareBears!! Payton was sitting on the floor with my toothbrush, brushing her new CareBears hair with it, and Brooklyn is sitting there with Chad's razor, shaving a bald spot into the back of her bear! A weird kind of hiccup-shout erupted from my throat, and I almost knocked Brookie down yanking the razor from her hand. I yelled out the dangers of Daddy's razor and the horrors of getting out of bed without permission as they both stood there crying and selling out their sister, little fingers pointed accusingly at the other as though they too were shocked she would do such a thing. I picked up my toothbrush that Payton had launched across the closet upon my abrupt arrival to discover it full of blue CareBear hair, and threw it onto the counter as I ushered them back to their own room. They cried their apologies as I tucked them back in, and sternly told them to stay in their beds this time. Knowing they would(they don't do getting in trouble well, it exhausts them), I went back out to tell Chad about it, and we both got a good laugh at the expense of the poor bald-backed bear. We have to find a higher place for the razor now, because apparently they are tall enough to reach it. Thank goodness it was just the bear that was shaved!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness is right!! Brookie already has an uphill battle with her hair since Payton's last beauty expedition!!!

    ReplyDelete