Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It"s Always Something!!( a tale of muddy toes)

My sweet Sydney had a field trip that I had agreed to go on, to Scout's Island on the river. Since we take Chad to work in the morning we had approximately 28 minutes when we got back to get ready(all four of us girls),drop off the twins and be at Syd's school. Well, imagine my triumphant surprise when we got out of the door on time!! I pulled up to Paige's and the twins climbed out without me even having to get out of the car, and met her at the door like the little angels they so often are!( hear me snickering?) Sydney got out and closed the back door for them, and so I didn't make my horrifying discovery until we pulled up in front of her school and I went to get out of the car. I forgot to put shoes on!! With all of our frantic dressing and hair doing and make-up applying and seat belt buckling, Somehow I had gotten into the car without shoes!! I always take off my right shoe when I drive, so I hadn't even noticed the foot nakedness! I panicked in true Tara form, turning red and hissing at Sydney to just "go to class without me" as I searched the bottomless pit that is our back seat for something to put on my feet! I found a pair of flip flops( Praise the Lord!) and slipped my feet into them and ran to her class, only to sit there for fifteen minutes because the bus was late. Of course. This is my life I am so candidly sharing after all. My dear friend Amanda looks down at my feet(seriously, how often does one look at someones feet for goodness' sake?) and laughs out loud at me. She said, "good luck in those things" and laughs harder at my puzzled expression. Turns out there was a lot of muddy hiking involved with that particular field trip, and my just painted toes got quite the impromptu mud mask!! I have been slathering lotion on them for days now, but for some reason they still feel dry to me. Probably just a little over reaction, but really, can your feet be rubbed with too much lotion? I would have to say NO.

2 comments:

  1. An "impromptu mud mask"!!! Where do you come up with this stuff??? Pilfered...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tara, that was too funny. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete