Saturday, September 12, 2009

Parental Partiality!

My poor, sweet husband is very very sick! He had a fever of 104 for 32 hours, and even now it is staying at about 102. Why do men try to act like they can work through anything? I won't have any of his back talk about this though, and so I have quarantined our bedroom and ordered him down for the weekend, but the twins are having a hard time with this.
Payton lays down in front of the closed door and asks Daddy how he is doing, squinting as though if she just tries hard enough she can see him. I catch her repeatedly trying to sneak in when she thinks I am occupied!
Sydney is allowed into the room since she was the initial carrier monkey, and so she is mainly unaffected. Except maybe by the fact that she is his designated "fetcher" :)
Brooklyn Beth; well, Brookie is not handling the separation well, and in normal Diva fashion after complaining all day that she "needed" to see him, arranged a boycott of dinner tonight.
She proclaimed to her devoted masses(us) that she would not eat without her Father. Now, she did say Father, which implied her seriousness regarding the subject along with making her sound very big and grown up. I sat her plate down and turned back to the counter, telling her Daddy is sick(for the thousandth time today) and he has to eat in the bedroom.
"SICK?!" she cried out, making me drop the pot holder I was putting away. I turned to say yes, but the child was already at my feet. "Mom, Daddy is sick?", she asked, and then before I could answer, "I need to tell you something in your ear." I crouched down and offered up my ear for the whisper(none of my children whisper though, so it is always just more moist than quiet) and she pulled me down further and leaned in and asked, "What color is it?"
What?!
I laughed and laughed, and she stalked away quite offended by my rudeness, but how could I not? The things a four year old finds fascinating are usually very entertaining, but what color someone is retching up has to take the cake! :)-

No comments:

Post a Comment