Friday, September 18, 2009

Was That Applause?! :0

So I was helping my precious Sydney pick out which jeans she could wear to school the other day, sitting on the floor in her room in front of her pants drawer. We picked the best pair, and Sydney started to pull them on, turning her backside towards me and bending over to pull them up, effectively sticking her bottom in my face! (she is rather cheeky!!)
When this sweet, sweet child had her butt about four inches from my face, and while I had my hand halfway to it to give her a good smack, she farted!! Not just any old run of the mill toot either, but one of those forceful ones that makes your butt cheeks clap!! I was stunned into silence, but not Sydney. She stood up lightning fast and turned around to face me. We stared at each other in mutual shock for a second, and then she burst into a fit of sobbing!! "I AM SO SORRY!", she screamed into my face, "PLEASE DON'T SPANK ME, I AM SOOOOOO SORRY!" I couldn't resist, I had to burst out laughing. She had only meant to be sassy and flash her behind at me as she got those pants on, and had not planned the perfectly timed execution of gas passing!
I was so irritated, and yet I could not stop giggling, rolling over into a heap on the floor as my tear stained daughter stood there and fretted about her fate. When I had finally composed myself somewhat, I told her she was done for, that she wouldn't know when or where, but the revenge would be oh so sweet!! I have to say that when it comes to surprising me with unexpected bodily functions, that girl takes the cake!! Just ask Marianne(my sister-in-law) about the' "It's in my eyes!!" incident! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment