Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Biliferous Birthday!!

Hello people! I hope you all had a beautiful Mother's Day! I was vomiting and racked with fever, but other than that mine was lovely. :) The Advil would kick in and I would have about two hours of halfway normality, and so I squeezed in as much fun as possible between doses. I went and explored old boats and ships on the San Francisco Bay, meandered through the Aquarium, got sick on a park bench, and then took some more Advil and watched everyone else eat lunch and then did a little shopping before we had to leave. The weekend was actually pretty lovely considering my bad turn of luck and the unfortunate reality of Brookie sleeping literally the entire time we were there. We just bought a stroller when we got there and pushed her little sleeping body all over San Fran for two days! We have pictures of her sleeping all over the city, to show her all she missed. I got to spend some time with my Mom and my girls, so all in all it was a great day.

Yesterday I was just as sick, and so I tried to stay down and rest. Brooklyn still wasn't feeling quite like herself however, and she was pretty frank about her feelings. She wanted me to hold her, but I had the shakes so bad from the fever that I asked her to just sit next to me instead, explaining that Mommy wasn't feeling well. She turns the full power of her deep blue eyes upon me and starts to cry these big crocodile tears. "What's wrong baby?" I inquired, and she responds with this heart wrenching wail, "I don't want you to be sick, I want to be sick!" No sympathy from the masses, I'm afraid. Mommy doesn't get a sick day.

Now yesterday was the day when four years ago my two precious little ones entered this world! I was so pitiful I had to ask my own Mommy to get a cake for the girls so that we could sing to them properly with candles and a few gifts. I guess being a mom is a forever job, because even at almost 29 I still ran to mine when I was sick! Thank goodness we postponed their actual party until the 23rd. Thank goodness that even after all of these years, when I needed it Mom still had the power to fix anything! I just hope that when my girls are grown they can say the same of me.

1 comment:

  1. Moms are always there arent they? Thank God for Moms YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete