Monday, March 23, 2009

Allergies and Algophobia

I am not feeling at the top of my game today, due to the horrible feeling of my head wanting to detach itself from my body. Though tempted to let it float away on the breeze, I must keep it firmly planted where it stands and attempt to drift through my day in this allergy fog. The imbalance this is causing me is unsettling, because I am not steady on my feet on a good day, and I have an intense hate/hate relationship with pain. I have stubbed my toe and bruised my left shin twice already, so you can see where the day is leading!
The twins have decided that today they do not want to get along, and have proceeded to torture me with back and forth taunting all morning. One minute it is Payton crying and running to me, and the next it is Brooklyn. Unless they are hitting I feel that they should deal with it amongst themselves, and so you can imagine the carousel of crying, running, and being sent on their way!
I just want to climb in bed and feel sorry for myself, but am getting nowhere near that goal, and complaining is certainly not being helpful. With no fever, no cough and no excuses, I must barrel through my day until that blissful moment when Chad turns off the living room TV, or puts down the book and asks, "wanna go to bed?". I look forward to that everyday, but today, it will surely have a magical quality to it! Why wait for that moment you ask? Why not go to bed before him, or take a nap? Well, my sweet husband goes to work Monday through Friday, regardless of how sick or tired he is, or if he has a fever, or is just suffering from allergies. I watch my cousin's baby, so there is the first and most obvious reason for no nap, but the second is that I feel horribly guilty taking a nap when the poor man is trudging along out in the elements, feeling the same way I do. If he came home and plopped himself on the couch and did nothing I would probably not feel so bad, but he comes home and helps me referee the girls and get dinner started and pick up the daily disaster that is our living room after the kids go to bed. I also do not go to bed without him because we get so little time together as it is, I don't want to waste it sleeping in another room when I could be up talking his ear off. We are both enthusiastic talkers, and so always have plenty to say! He is also a human furnace, and our room is cold !
I sat down to write this as an escape from the girls and all of their bickering, and amazingly not once since I have been sitting here has a fight broken out! They just came out of their room holding hands, to show me a "magical leaf" for their ponies that helps them to fly! It is just a silk leaf from the cats scratching tree(yes, I have ugly trees for the sole purpose of entertaining the cat), but until today I was totally in the dark about their magical qualities! No wonder they please the cat the way they do! Well, I have to go make lunch for these two little beauties, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment