Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So many S's in Sleeplessness....

Another night of sleeplessness. Wow, there are a lot of S's in sleeplessness. E's too.
I know I should probably pray, and I even tried half-heartedly when I got out of bed, but I am so darn tired I can't think straight. Though I am typing this blog, so maybe I am lying to myself just a tad. I won't bore you with self-analyzing! I need to go to bed, I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. Let me give you a funny for your time though.

The twins often fall asleep in the car on the way home from picking Chad up from work every afternoon. Today was no exception. What was funny is that earlier today the girls had been lining their ponies along the ledge by the front door, and Payton would let out this funny little squeal of distress every time one of them would fall off and hit the floor. She would race around the wall to rescue them, and then Brookie would just knock them off again(there were a LOT of ponies on the ledge). Typical scenario with those two, nothing special. The funny part came when we pulled into the garage and it was time to wake them up to go inside. Chad took the baby and Brooklyn and went into the house with Sydney, and I went to get Payton. (I always get Payton, because she tends to be fussy when woken up) I open the back door and shake her shoulder, leaning over her to unbuckle the seat belt. She lurches forward and smacks me in the face reaching for something, and she yells, " aahhh, get them get them get them!!"( you have to imagine it in her little Minnie Mouse voice to get the full effect). I shushed her and then asked her who I needed to get, and she looked through me with glazed eyes and started reciting the names of the ponies that had fallen earlier! Freaky accurate too. I know, because I played with My Little Ponies when I was little, and I do now too, I like Sparkleworks :). She didn't calm down until we got inside and I showed her that all of the ponies were still on the ledge safe and sound and packed in like sardines. Apparently she had a nightmare about Brooklyn pushing them all off of the wall ledge.


OK, I read over that and it's just not as funny as I thought, but I have to go to bed, so a sub-par funny will have to do

P.S. I will pray right now, just in case you were worried I was going to shirk my duties. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment