Thursday, March 26, 2009

Toenails and Chinese Food

We all went to dinner with my Dad last night, and we went to our usual Chinese restaurant, Royal Palace. The food is pretty good and they are struggling to stay open in this economy, so if you like Chinese food and interesting Chinese art, please go try it, you get a 10% discount for the next three months! Now that the plug is done(the waitress asked us to please tell our friends), on to the meal.
We always order a couple of appetizers along with our usual entrees, so that the girls can try plenty of new things. This time we ordered shanghai scallops and paper wrapped chicken and pot stickers. The twins were digging the scallops, and also the freedom of being able to serve themselves from the dish due to their distance from me and their proximity to Grandpa. My Dad is always tickled pink that the girls eat so many different foods, and last night was no exception. I think they realize this, because the same girls that don't want mashed potatoes on Tuesday will eat steamed onions and squash and shellfish on Wednesday! Payton loved the mushrooms, and she would loudly proclaim each and every time she picked one out of the plate that it looked like a giant's toenail! Then she would tease Brookie with it, and then pop it into her mouth and announce that she just LOVED grey toenails! It got to the point where I could no longer eat the mushrooms on my plate, I get grossed out about slimy food pretty easily. They ate every vegetable on the plate along with the scallops, and Brooklyn even tried Chad's Mongolian chicken, which was very spicy. Sometimes I think maybe she doesn't taste spice the way the rest of us do, because the girl can handle some heat! They chattered away with my Dad, and listened to Sydney's jokes(she is quite funny) while they ate, and were being perfect little ladies all throughout dinner. I wish something funny and truly entertaining had transpired, but alas, they all behaved themselves and had a great time. They collapsed into bed as soon as they got home, and I had a horrible nightmare that I ordered food from a restaurant and each time I would go to take a bite, a huge toenail clipping would be right there on the fork, taunting me with it's very presence! Thanks Payton, mmm toenails! :(-

No comments:

Post a Comment