Monday, March 16, 2009

I love you Mommy

My precious Brooklyn is not feeling well, she has a fever and is all stuffy. Whenever one of my girls is sick, they get to sit with Mommy all of the time, and they get extra special attention from me, being allowed to bug me for even the simplest of things. Sydney says it's our "sick rule", and she tells people things like, "ya, I was sick, but it was good, because I got Mommy all to myself almost the whole time." Well, the twins are apparently picking up on this unspoken rule quickly, because today after I gave Brookie her medicine I made her a cup of warm tea with honey, and she climbed up into my lap. Payton came over and Brooklyn said, "No Payton, I'm sick, you have to wait for Mommy".( it sounded more like," No payon, I'b ick, you hab to ate bor Bommy") Payton climbed up anyway and snuggled in on the other side of me. I have to tell you, that is heaven having each twin snuggled up on opposite sides of me, just enjoying each other and the quiet. Brooklyn leaned her head on my shoulder and looked up at me with her beautiful flushed face and said, " I love you Mommy, you make me feel all better when you hold me."(again, imagine it said with a stuffy nose, so cute!) I cried! I know, I am a hopeless sap, but come on, how sweet is that? I was thinking back to when we first found out that I was having twins, and how so many people had something discouraging to say, normally along the lines of how hard it was going to be, or how expensive. I don't think any of them meant anything by their carelessness, and despite it Chad and I always felt amazingly blessed. We had both wanted three children, but knew this was going to be our last pregnancy. We were overjoyed to discover that God had given us our hearts desire despite ourselves! And so each time I have a quiet moment with these little gifts from God, I am overcome with the simple fact of their shared existence. Could we have had one without the other? Surely not. So this is just my heartfelt thankfulness for God's amazing grace. After all, I didn't deserve even one of these children, let alone three! I will take my shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment