Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fur Chunk Mystery Solved!

Lately I have been finding little rolled up balls of dog hair on the floor of our house. Now maybe this is normal for some of you, but our dog isn't supposed to shed, and hasn't up until now as far as we know. Even if she was to shed, what kind of dog sheds large balled up lumps of fur? I would never want to own that retched creature! I am sure it goes without saying that this hairball development was causing a great deal of extra vacuuming, not to mention confusion. Well, today I have figured out the mystery! It seems that the cat, our itty bitty kitty, has been ripping chunks of fur from the dogs face when they play. I cannot be sure that all of the hair is from her face, but since I have picked up balls of it with my hands on several occasions, we are going to go ahead and say that's where they originated, just so I can feel better, because I have seen the cat attacking the dogs rear and face with equal measure. I usually find said hair chunks either in front of my bedroom door(they sleep there together because we won't let them in), and in the kitchen scattered around the cats climbing tree. I was baffled by the locations of the dog hair, but starting to suspect the cat had something to do with it. So I set out to discover how and maybe why. I caught them at last! I got up really early this morning, and actually got to witness the cat ripping hair from the dogs head and then spitting it to the side before going in for another swipe. The dog doesn't seemed fazed by this, so I guess I have to learn to just live with the little hair gifts they leave. At least they get along, how many people have a dog and a cat that wrestle?

No comments:

Post a Comment