Monday, March 9, 2009

Questionable Beach Practices...:)

OK, the way three year old's process the information pouring in from the world around them never ceases to amaze me! Today on the way back from dropping Syd off, I hear Brooklyn and Payton having a heated debate about where the dog should go poop. Payton insisted that dogs go poop on the grass, and that they were generally disgusting in nature. Brooklyn kept proclaiming that dogs should go poop in the "beach", and the argument escalated until Brookie was reduced to yelling, "poop in the beach" over and over. I ended the fight with a threat of a time out, but I couldn't let go of the strange proclamation of beach pooping! Once we got home I asked Brookie what she meant by Ko-Ko needing to poop in the "beach". She actually laughed at my silliness, and pointed to the cat's litter box, "The little beach Mommy, the one you bring home in the box for Sasha to poop in, then she wouldn't be disgusting!" and then she danced off calling for Payton, probably to share my ignorance over a cup of pretend tea.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I tried to comment last night to no avail. Something didn't load right. Anyway, I LOVE your writing! I can imagine the conversation between the twins, and the way you convey it makes it that much more hilarious :) Keep it comin'!!!

    ReplyDelete